Ottawa Experts Share Tips About Winter Carpet Cleaning
Tips for Keeping Your Carpets Clean
Having carpets in a home can add a lot of benefits and comfort. They add additional warmth when the cold winter days and nights settle in and keep a home feeling comfortable and secure. Maintaining carpets and keeping them clean is a way to make sure that they last for years to come, so it’s important to know about how best to clean carpets and why it’s a good idea in the first place.
Dirty Carpets Matter
Winter can cause havoc on the carpets in a home. Winter weather brings slush, snow, and wetness into a home and that can easily track onto carpets, making them dirty and even damaged in some cases. And because windows and doors are kept shut tight during this time of year, the moisture can really sink in. But winter can also be a great time to have a home’s carpets cleaned for the following reasons:
- Healthier Living – Winter tends to be a time of year when people spend most of their time indoors, perhaps sitting around a fire with friends and family. But because of this, allergens build up more quickly, so cleaning the carpets can help reduce them.
- Faster Drying Times – It may seem like winter would cause freshly cleaned carpets to take longer to dry, but the truth is the opposite. Because typically the heat in a house is raised due to the cold temperatures, carpeting will tend to dry even faster.
- Easy Booking – Because a lot of people don’t know about the benefits of winter carpet cleaning, they’ll wait to have their carpets cleaned in the spring or summer, which means homeowners who want to clean their carpets in the winter tend to get their first pick of time and days.
- Future Protection – Spots and moisture on a carpet become stains the longer they sit. And stains and deeper soiling can permanently damage a home’s carpeting. This is why it can be so beneficial to clean the carpeting in the winter before all that winter mess leads to carpets that need to be replaced in the spring.
Why Trust a Professional?
It’s true that there are many options for homeowners to clean their own carpets. Everything from getting down on hands and knees and scrubbing, purchasing a home carpet shampooer, or renting a more powerful one when necessary, but hiring a professional carpet cleaning company is often the best choice for the following reasons:
- Professional carpet cleaning is often much quicker. Sure, a homeowner can shampoo a house’s entire carpeting, but this is a chore that can take hours or even days. Professional carpet cleaning can take as little as 15 minutes, and often times they’ll even move furniture as well
- The cleaning supplies and materials professionals use are often more powerful, giving better cleaning and stain repair, as well as being better for the environment
- Professional carpet cleaning often extends the life of a carpet. They can treat and protect the carpet, so it’s not only clean, but it’s kept cleaner going forward.
Some homeowners may be tempted to clean their own carpets, but the truth is that nothing compares to the cleaning a professional company can perform.
Choose Professionals You Can Trust
Carpet Cleaning 360 offers fast, prompt service for any carpet cleaning needs, from the soil, stains, and even bleached spots. Serving the Ottawa area for over twenty years, Carpet Cleaning 360 offers carpet, grout, upholstery, wood floor, and area rug cleaning as well as carpet dyeing. Call for a free estimate today!