After a long winter, chances are that you are looking forward to the warmer weather of the summertime. But with summertime comes a lot of things that can wreak havoc on your carpets. We are going to look at some of the mistakes that people make when it comes to cleaning their carpets themselves and what can cause problems during the summer.
The Carpet Woes of Summer
If you have children or pets who go outside, you know how much they love spending time in the warm weather when it’s summertime. Kids are going out and playing with their friends, going swimming and having fun. But think about all the other things that come with summer.
- Muddy Footprints and Pawprints – As much as we’d like to have a sunny summer, there’s always lots of rain during the summer. This means that there are muddy sneakers, boots, and paws who are tracking mud all over your carpet.
- Grass Stains – When the weather is nice, grass can come in on bare feet, paws, and shoes, which can lead to grass stains appearing on your carpets.
Common Mistakes When Cleaning Your Carpet Yourself
When you are noticing stains on your carpet, you might think that it’s a good idea to try cleaning it yourself. But a lot of people who have tried doing it themselves have made mistakes. Here are three common mistakes of DIY carpet cleaning:
- Using Too Much Water – This can soak your carpet’s bottom and it can lead to your carpet becoming discoloured. It also can cause the carpet to shrink.
- Using too Much Shampoo – This happens when you’ve used too much shampoo or you don’t rinse it adequately. If you aren’t careful, the residual buildup may be impossible for you to remove, which means the carpet’s going to attract even more dirt.
- Stains from Furniture Contacting Wet Carpeting – A lot of wood furniture types are going to release some dye in the stains if they have extended contact with carpet that’s wet. Particularly metal furniture also can leave rust stains and DIY efforts can make things worse – maybe explain some common mishaps
Let Us Help You
If you are looking for a way that you can clean your carpets and help them look like new, give us a call. Whether you are looking for carpet cleaning, area rug cleaning or something else, we can help your home’s interior look the best that it can.
Want to know more about our business and the services that we offer? Give us a call at (613) 897-4360 and we will let you know what we can do. We have been in business for a long time and we have been helping your friends and neighbours. Whether it’s stained from muddy paws or feet or you have trouble with grass stains that are just stubborn, we have the tools for the job. Let us work our magic and you’ll be surprised at what a difference it makes!